You need to be really careful when you choose a suit to wear. Something you need to bear in mind is that your suit is going to have a very brief but totally frank discussion with every person you meet. Actually, in fact also with quite a few people that you'll never meet. And it's not always the case that everything your suit says about you will be true. This is one of the reasons why you should always go with custom tailoring rather than buying directly off the rack. You want your suit to have some integrity, and that's only going to happen if it was designed specifically for you. When you meet somebody for the first time, just try to shut your suit up... it can't be done! In no time at all, that suit will have told the other person all kinds of details about you, including some that really it has no business to be talking about. Just a few of the things the suit will bring up include:
- Whether you're a real contender or just a wannabe
- Whether you're prepared to make a proper investment in yourself
- Exactly how much respect you have for the other person
- Whether you have a good appreciation for quality and value
- Where you do your shopping
- What kind of people you associate with
- Whether or not you can be trusted
Yes, that telltale suit will blab all these details and more, and it will do so in less than one twentieth of a second, because all that information is communicated to the other person in a single glance. And remember, that information gets communicated regardless of how true it is. It's really important to understand that your clothes can lie about you. The good news is that if you make the right decisions, you can control the information your suit is providing. You can make sure that the impression it gives is a favorable one. It doesn't take a lot of effort, just the application of a few simple rules.
- Your suit has to be tailor-made just for you, or you'll look cheap and foolish
- Your suit choice should be appropriate to the situation
- Spend as much or as little as you like, but make sure your image is classy
- Maintain yourself and your suit in the best possible condition you can
- Back it all up with the correct posture, body language, and manners
Doing things this way is the path to success in any negotiations or personal interactions you are involved in. It ensures you create a favorable first impression, and that is a treasure more valuable than you could ever estimate. The rule most people fail on is the second one. If you wear a top hat and tails to a business meeting, you'll just look silly, but the same outfit in a song and dance routine could make you the hottest act in town. It's all about matching the clothing to the occasion. That's not always an easy task, but for advice about suit buying and how to get the best results from your suit, you can consult Studio Suits
. Their expert tailors have exceptional wealth of knowledge that they are happy to share.